Friday, August 19, 2016

OOOOOHHHHHH, BOOGIE BOOGIE BOOGIE....

Tomorrow night, Luscious and I will be up at the Katharine Susannah Prichard Writers Centre, scoffing curry puffs and drinking hot chocolate -- and incidentally, reading fresh new works -- as part of the KSP's Spooky Stories Night. It's a fundraiser for the KSPs residency program, and both Lyn and I have been shortlisted in their ghost story competition. I'll be reading my entry, The House of Jack's Girls, and I will say that it's one of the harder-edged horror stories I've written in a little while: if you've fond memories of my Aurealis-award winner Pater Familias from a few years back, well, it's in that sort of territory-- the kids will be sent to another room while I'm reading....


Winners of the competition will be announced, there' a dress-up competition, warm food, marshmallows for toasting over a fire, and if you've got a scary story to tell, a chance to scare the bejeebus out of everyone in the best possible setting.


Tickets are cheap as chips, and it's shaping up to be a fun old night, so come on down. You can find more details here.











No comments: