Sunday, May 15, 2016

TRUMBO AND THE TRUTH IN BLOGGING: OVER TO YOU, PEEPS

Spent last night watching the dramatised documentary Trumbo, which is based, to a large extent, upon letters written by Dalton Trumbo during the period of his blacklisting. One thing that really shone through was just how literate, wide-ranging and incisive those letters were, and it got me thinking: letters are verging upon being a dead art form, now. They've been replaced by emails, and to a certain extent, weblogs. We've replaced lyricism with functionality.

As for blogging, it's a form I've never used as a true record of my thoughts: I've dabbled with it, been flippant and irregular. As a journal-- as a snapshot of my thoughts, attitudes, and experiences-- it's not been up to scratch for a rather long time.

So, here's a chance to change that. Post a subject below that you'd like to see me discuss, address, or just generally rant about. Once a week, until the subjects run out, I'll dedicate a blog entry to it. I won't lie, or prevaricate, or treat it lightly. I'll give you utter and unalloyed honesty and truth.

What would you like me to talk about?

No comments: